It is the end of my first (and only) week in Melbourne, Australia! Like I did for Peru and Spain, I thought it would be nice to reflect on some of what I learned and experienced throughout the week.

• Australians drive on the left side of the road. I knew that intellectually before I came here, but I constantly had tp remind myself to look the other way before crossing the street. My experiences in England and Malaysia before this week helped, but old habits die hard!
  • I am a tea nerd in a coffee oasis. Yes, Melbourne is known for its coffee brewing!
  • Melbourne’s most direct method of public transport (for my purposes on this trip) is trams! Trams are also my favorite method of public transport.
  • I had a crash-course in geography when I realized that Australia has such large influences from Asia and Latin America. Geography was never my best subject.
  • I accomplished such a range of activities during my stay, including a chocolate and wine tasting, bookstore hopping, Queen Victoria Market, and kayaking. My next post will explore more of what I’ve done in Australia.

Cheers,

Mackenzie