Due to unforseen circumstances, I visited Malaysia for the longest amount of time out of all the stops on my trip. It only follows that I would have some “greatest hits” from my time there.

Tsutaya Books – A bit far from Bukit Bintang or the downtown area, but well worth the journey. Tsutaya is a Japanese bookstore chain known for its collection of Japanese artisan goods and stationary. Since I was not able to visit Japan, I got my brother’s Japanese gift from this bookshop. I would also recommend Kinokunuya if you are staying nearer to KLCC.

Wu Di Cafe – My favorite cafe, and one at which I became a regular. The staff is friendly, there is a resident cat, and the matcha lattes are delicious. Therefore, it checks all of my boxes for a good cafe.

Batu Caves, Elephant Sanctuary – If possible, I would recommend that the #1 activity you prioritize in Kuala Lumpur is the Batu Caves. The native macaque monkeys who live there, as well as the 19th century Hindu temples, make for an unforgettable experience. I also added a side trip to the Elephant Sanctuary, which I loved. The Sanctuary houses 26 elephants with 8 rescues. The oldest elephant is over 85 years old and mostly blind.

KLCC Park – Touristy, but worth the visit. The park rests behind the KLCC Suria mall and the Petronas Towers. It offers a beautiful retreat from the noise of the city, as well as a vibrant array of tropical plants.

So much more to share, but I will stop there for now.

Cheers,

MEG