So sorry for the delay! The WordPress blogging platform has been exceptionally slow // impossible to load recently.

I am now on a flight from Brussels to Kigali, Rwanda to begin the next continent of my project! I will be spending about two weeks in Rwanda, followed by a week and a half in Uganda. I will be able to observe childhood malnutrition programs at three organizations – Gardens for Health, One Acre Fund, and Kigezi Healthcare Foundation.

Austria was a wonderful experience, and a perfect chance to rest and recover (and overcome jetlag!) before beginning my study in Africa! When I was in high school, my family hosted a student from Austria named Viktoria in my home for six months. Now, Viki is living and studying in Vienna, so I was lucky enough to have my own personal tour guide for the few days that I was there!

She took me all around the city, and I saw so many wonderful things. We started by walking around the city center, looking at the Cathedral, the horse drawn buggies, the famous shopping streets, and of course, lots of stops for gelato! She took me to explore her university, Vienna University of Economics and Business, which has a brand new campus that just opened last year. It was so beautiful! We visited two castles, as well.

After finishing in Vienna, we took the train to Upper Austria so that I could meet her family! I got to meet her mom, dad, and younger sister, which was lots of fun!  I didn’t know any German at the start, but now I can proudly say a handful of words and phrases. J On my last day, we took the train Salzburg to explore Mozart’s birthplace! It is such a gorgeous, quaint little town situated on a river at the base of the mountains. We met up with some of Viki’s friends from the university, and they showed us around their hometown!

I’m so grateful for my short European adventure, and I’m beyond excited to begin working in Africa! (No worries, I am visiting East Africa, far away from the Ebola outbreak!) I will try to post as much as possible, but the internet can be a bit difficult in Africa. Hope everyone is having a great summer back home! I can’t believe that it is already August!