WHAT It is
The 2020 Undergraduate Research Expo will be held in a virtual format. The Creative Arts Festival will be hosted via asynchronous platform over two days, Wednesday, May 27, 8:30AM CST-Thursday, May 28, 5PM CST.
Part of the Undergraduate Research & Arts Exposition, The Creative Arts Festival is a juried variety show of original work created by Northwestern University undergraduates. A committee reviews the applications and selects participants for the festival, while a professional jury picks the winners.
Apply online, indicating in which category you would like to participate. You may submit multiple entries. The maximum length of submissions is 10 minutes.
Creative Writing Submissions
- Include in your application the work that you plan to present.
- Indicate duration and provide a link where the review committee can see the film, i.e. Vimeo or YouTube.
Visual Art Submissions
- Diverse forms of art are welcome: photography, sculpture, painting, mixed-media, and more.
- In your application, please include the dimensions of your work and what you will need to display the work. Provide a link or an attachment, so the review committee can see the work.
- Examples are musical ensembles, monologues, stand-up, scenes from directing/devising classes, and dance.
- Indicate how long your performance will be and what sort of staging you will need. List any significant props, set pieces, and/or costumes in your application.
- If possible, provide a link or an attachment, so the review committee can see the work.
- No open flames, firing guns, or smoke are allowed. Applications may be reviewed by the Office of Risk Management to ensure safety regulations are followed.
The 2020 Undergraduate Research Expo will be held in a virtual format. The Creative Arts Festival will be hosted via asynchronous platform over two days, Wednesday, May 27, 8:30AM CST-Thursday, May 28, 5PM CST. Expected performance times are 5-8 minutes long.
Applications are submitted through our online application system. The deadline is April 26, 2020.
Questions? Contact Peter Civetta.
- The audience votes for a People's Choice winner.
- The professional jury selects a first, second and third place winner.
- Winners are announced following the show.