WHAT It is
Part of the Undergraduate Research & Arts Exposition, The Creative Arts Festival is a juried variety show of original work created by Northwestern University undergraduates. A committee reviews the applications and selects participants for the festival, while a professional jury picks the winners.
There is a reception after the show with lots of yummy refreshments. Winners are announced and prizes are given!
Apply online, indicating in which category you would like to participate. You may submit multiple entries.
Creative Writing Submissions
- Include in your application the work that you plan to present.
- Indicate duration and provide a link where the review committee can see the film, i.e. Vimeo or YouTube.
Visual Art Submissions
- Diverse forms of art are welcome: photography, sculpture, painting, mixed-media, and more.
- In your application, please include the dimensions of your work and what you will need to display the work. Provide a link or an attachment, so the review committee can see the work.
- Examples are musical ensembles, monologues, stand-up, scenes from directing/devising classes, and dance.
- Indicate how long your performance will be and what sort of staging you will need. List any significant props, set pieces, and/or costumes in your application.
- If possible, provide a link or an attachment, so the review committee can see the work.
- No open flames, firing guns, or smoke are allowed. Applications may be reviewed by the Office of Risk Management to ensure safety regulations are followed.
The event occurs at 8 pm on 30 May 2018, in Black Box 201 @ the Wirtz Center for the Performing Arts. Plan to adapt your performance to the space provided. Expected performance times are 5-8 minutes long. You are required to attend a tech meeting/rehearsal prior to the Festival.
Questions? Contact Peter Civetta.
- The audience votes for a People's Choice winner.
- The professional jury selects a first, second and third place winner.
- Winners are announced at the reception following the show.